We all know that the two-time defending NBA Champions Miami Heat and their superstar LeBron James are all poised to continue their domination over professional basketball, but where the San Antonio Spurs pushed the 2013 NBA Championship to a full 7 games, perhaps there is a team out there that could actually go on to beat the Heat. Here are 5 such teams that just might give it a real go this year and can potentially win the title, other than the Heat:
1. The Indiana Pacers – With the best record in basketball, the Pacers are a potentially dangerous team for the Heat. They play great defense and have a balanced attack, with 5 players averaging more than 10 points per game. Paul George is a rising star and would love to lead the Pacers to success. They took Miami to 7 games last season and will be desperately looking to usurp them in 2014. This is definitely a team to look out for that successfully frustrated the Heat is last year’s Eastern Conference Finals. Might they beat Miami this year?
2. Oklahoma City Thunder – This team is rated in the top 10 for both offense and defense and are led by the sensational star Kevin Durant, who went on a 12 game streak of scoring over 30 points per game. At 25, he is ready to take that next step and win a championship. It seems the question is quickly becoming when rather than if he will win it all. When Russell Westbrook returns, this team should become a contender again.
3. San Antonio Spurs – The team that simply cannot age is at it again, and nearly won it all last year save for a dramatic Ray Allen 3-pointer at the end of Game 6. The Spurs are led by the maturity of Manu Ginobili, Tim Duncan, and Tony Parker, who would simply love another shot at knocking LeBron back a peg. They could definitely find themselves back in contention for a title and would love to get another championship together, and have not won it all since 2007.
4. Houston Rockets – This team is a force offensively, as Dwight Howard, James Harden, Jeremy Lin, and Chandler Parsons are all effective scorers. Yet, as a team they are quite average defensively and I simply cannot see them matching up against James, Chris Bosh, and Dwayne Wade. They will be outscored in a shootout against top opposition. However, the future is certainly bright in Houston and they could become a force in the Western Conference in the long term.
5. Los Angeles Clippers – Certainly one of the most enjoyable teams to watch this season, the Clippers have finally gained control of the City of Angels (thanks in large part to Kobe Bryant’s injuries). Behind Blake Griffin, Jamal Crawford, and Chris Paul, the Clippers are going to be a dangerous team in the playoffs this year, even though things haven’t gone well for this team in recent NBA playoffs. Another offensive powerhouse, the Clippers may get stunted by a stern defense, but there is a definite possibility that the team could make some greatness happen!
Doesn't matter which NBA team you root for, AAA Sports Memorabilia has an autographed or officially licensed sports collectible for you. Our autographed sports memorabilia come complete with a certificate of authenticity from a major sports company and a lifetime guarantee to be authentic. Most of our autographed memorabilia also have tamper-proof holograms. AAA Sports Memorabilia adds new products almost daily so check us out often.